Rechargeable Radio Collar for Wireless Dog Electric Fence
Add any number of dogs to the system.
30-Day Money Back Guarantee
Free Shipping in Australia (orders over $90)
Express Shipping Available
Are you replacing an older Sureguard Collar?
Before adding to cart, please choose "YES" against "Include Accessories". You will need at least one set of accessories.
New 2018 Rechargeable Collar - Now Available
A Radio Collar for Every Dog...
Sureguard has manufactured Wireless Dog Electric Fences in Australia since 1997. Sureguard pioneered using a digital transmission for its collars and solar power to run its boundary wire transmitter. We've utilised this advanced technology for over 20 years and we've continued to improve as electronics has advanced. Sureguard was granted two patents for innovative features you won't find elsewhere. All of this is to ensure your dogs are as safe as possible.
Do you have a small, medium or large size dog? No problem! The Sureguard collar is small and light weight covering neck sizes from 20cm to 62cm.
Do you have a stubborn dog or a sensitive dog or somewhere in between? No problem! The Sureguard collar automatically adjusts the correction according to your dog's behaviour. You can also set the collar correction manually to one of 10 levels.
Better by Sureguard...
Sureguard's design focus was to achieve the highest success rate at a reasonable price.
- Collar is sealed against water and dust (IP Rating IP57)
- Collar has 10 correction levels. Maximum correction is 30 times stronger than minimum. (Some systems only have 1, 2 or 3 levels).
- Collar automatically learns your dog's behaviour and applies just the right amount of correction. (No guess work needed).
- Each dog on the system gets a customised correction level (as silly as it might seem, some systems give all dogs the same correction!).
- Correction level can be manually set for each dog, if you wish.
- Correction pulse has high fur penetration due to Sureguard's special electronics design.
- Correction monitor checks to ensure your dog felt the correction and notifies you in case fur gets in the way.
- Escape indicator registers attempted escapes during the last 10 hours. Know how your dog is behaving when you're not at home!
- Collar has an internal rechargeable battery that only needs a 3-hour recharge every 6 months and includes a low battery indicator.
- The collar activation distance is fully adjustable from 1m to more than 4m.
- Each dog can have a different activation distance, which is useful if you have small and large dogs. (Some systems set all dogs to the same distance).
- Collar incorporates a handy five colour Status Light where the colour conveys the operating condition of the collar (see User Instructions for details).
Get Your Customised Quotation
March 2018 - Upgrade Notice
The collar design illustrated on this page is due for release June 2018. Until then, we will be shipping the same collar but with a different upper face-plate design. Please download full details here: Download Upgrade Notice.
- One radio collar is included in the main Starter Kit. Add extra collars for each extra dog you have.
- If you are replacing a Sureguard collar purchased between 2004 and 2017 then select the accessories option when placing this product into the cart. Accessories include an Australian 240 volt power charger, compatible collar tester and threadlocker glue.
Sureguard collars have many unique features:
- External 5-Colour Status Light: Know at a glance whether the collar is fully operational.
- Patented Collar Fit Monitor: Be assured your dog is actually feeling the correction.
- Attempted Escape Counter: Know if your dog's behaviour has changed and perhaps your dog is trying to escape.
- Learning Mode: Automatically sets just the right amount of correction for each dog.
- Training Mode: Makes training your dog easy.
- Wear Duration: Maximum 12-hours in any 24-hour period.
- Dimensions: 30mm x 41.6mm x 55.7mm.
- Weight: 53g (1.8oz)
- Ingress Protection Rating: IP57 (survives 30 minutes water immersion at 1m).
- Activation Distance: Adjustable 1m to more than 4m.
- Correction Levels: 10.
- Correction Output Minimum: 31mA peak, 2.3mArms, 0.4mJ/S.
- Correction Output Maximum: 77mA peak, 34mArms, 12mJ/S
- Battery Running Time: 6-months.
- Battery Recharge Time: 3-hours.
- Automatic Cut-Out: Collar correction is limited to a maximum 8 second.
Collar Fabric Specifications:
- Dimensions: 19mm wide, 1.8mm thick.
- Neck Sizes:
- Small to Medium Dogs: 20cm to 40cm
- Medium to Large Dogs: 30cm to 62cm
- Material: High grade TPU with encapsulated nylon webbing. Flexible, durable with a quality look texture.
Sureguard tested a wide range of brands and found all triggered. This should not be an issue.Does the fur need to be trimmed behind the collar?
Yes, especially during the initial learning phase. We need to be absolutely certain that fur does not prevent the correction from being felt. As the fur grows back, if it becomes too thick, your collar will indicate (via Status Light) if the correction is not being felt. If that happens, you know you need to regularly trim the fur behind the collar. Different breeds have different needs.
What is pressure necrosis?
Pressure necrosis is a skin condition that can develop if a collar is too tight or worn for extended periods of time. Imagine wearing shoes too small for you. The combined effect of pressure from the tight fit and rubbing from walking may eventually lead to sores on your feet. Something similar may happen for a collar on a dog's neck. The collar needs to be sufficiently firm to make contact with your dog's skin but not tight enough that the skin is under pressure.
Dogs with Sureguard collars rarely experience pressure necrosis. Two of our design features reduce the problem: 1/ The correction points on the rear of the Sureguard collar have a large diameter to reduce pressure, actually up to 70% less than some brands. 2/ The electronics in the Sureguard collar produces a correctional pulse that can tolerate a small gap between the skin and collar so the correction can still be felt with some fur growth. So, why don't other brands do the same? Simply cost; the Sureguard design costs more to produce to achieve this performance gain.Why do you not have a dedicated stronger "stubborn dog" collar?
Sureguard manufacture one collar that works for all dogs, whether sensitive or stubborn. This "stubborn dog" feature is already built into the Sureguard collar. You don't need to buy a more expensive model simply because you have a bigger problem!
My dog escaped and when it came back would not cross the boundary, why?
If your dog is so motivated to leave it may decide the correction is worth putting up with. In other words, his desire of the reward is stronger than his avoidance of the correction. On the way back his desire to get back to the house is not as strong as his avoidance of the correction. If this behaviour persists, contact Sureguard as we have a proven technique to change the balance between his level of desire and avoidance of the correction.
How do I allow my dog to cross the boundary when going for walks?
To go for walks, develop a pattern of interaction with your dog.
- Show your dog the walking lead.
- In an up beat tone tell your dog it is time for going walks "GOING WALKS".
- Attach the lead to your dog's usual collar.
- Remove the radio collar.
- Show your dog the radio collar and again in an up beat tone say "GOING WALKS".
- Leave the radio collar behind.
- Cross the boundary at the same spot every time you leave for walks and always on the lead. NEVER allow your dog to cross the boundary while off the lead.
- Follow the reverse procedure on the return. Remember to tell other family members to follow your routine.
Important: During the initial training period you must NOT allow your dog to walk across the boundary as it may reduce the effectiveness of the training. Instead, remove the collar and leave your property by car. Wait a few weeks to ensure your dogs behaviour is stable before going walks as described above.
- Do not use an electronic barrier to restrain a DANGEROUS DOG. A dangerous dog is:
- A dog that has been trained to attack or bite any person or anything attached or worn by a person.
- Has been declared to be dangerous by the relevant authorities.
- Do not use an electronic barrier if failure of the system could result in personal injury, animal injury, or property loss or damage.
- Do not install an electronic barrier in areas where a hazard might be created or possibly cause harm.
- Compliance Information for customers in Victoria.
- Electronic collars are not allowed in ACT and SA.
Excellent product. Does the job. Tough and durable.Rob
Sureguard do make a very reliable dog collar that works. Our beagle has only infringed the fence line once. In six years great peace of mind. Product & customer service is professional.Peter
Write your review
You must be logged in to post a review.